Saturday, May 21, 2011

Father's Day!

So, here I go, my first attempt at a masculine Father's Day card...


The qualty of the photo REALLY doesn't give it justice. This is my first card made using Sure Cuts A Lot 2 (SCAL2). The tag shape and letters were cut using a font called "Chumbly" that I found for free on the internet, and the tag was also found on the internet after just searching "tags" in Google Images. Could SCAL2 be the best program in the world... I'm thinking YES! The letters on the tag are actually done similar to a stencil. I had originally attempted cutting each individual letter, and gluing each letter on the tag...Besides being a tedious and overall mind-numbing procedure, I hated the end result. It took 3 times for me to actually settle on the above tag. This is also the first time I've incorporated inking the edges if the tag, which (after a mistake) fell in to me swiping the ink over the sides of the tag. I think it gave more of a rustic or dirty look to it. The top and the bottom have loops of twine... I can't take credit for it, because it was actually the idea of a friend of mine that was making cards with me that day... Overall, I love this card. Not just the new techniques I've learned, because it looks just like my dad's persona. I can't wait to see his expression when he receives it!

Favorites Discovered...
  • Memento Dew Drop Ink Pads
  • Sure Cuts A Lot 2
  • Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment