Saturday, May 21, 2011

Class of 2011!

This is my first Graduation card... My cousin is graduating high school, and I made this card for her gift. I'm sure I'll give her something handmade, along with some $$ :) 
Growing up, my cousin's favorite color had always been purple. She has also always been an AMAZING artist. When I saw the patterned paper, with the cloud and rainbow doodles, with the glittery accents on the grid paper (it was in a pack in the 1$ section of Target!), I immediately thought of her!


The "CONGRATS" is actually made of college ruled paper. The most difficult part of this was cutting the letters on the Cricut. The paper is so flimsy that I had to attach the paper to thin black cardstock to prevent tearing. The letters were then attached to the inner circle, and I used Stickles over the letters to incorporate more glitter to the card.


Of course, once again, I've used the Cuttlebug to emboss the plain papers. I like the overall feel of the card, because I can see the recipient in the card. The only problem with the card is that I'm not crazy about is the pink border to the side (it's actually a darker hue than what I thought it was).

Favorites Discovered:
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Dots)
  • Studio G Stamps ("class of")
  • Inkadinkadoo Stamps (Numbers)

No comments:

Post a Comment