Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day!

Yes, it's a little late, but I've been on vacation, so my mom understood when I gave her this card TWO WEEKS after Mother's Day...
The card is actually patterned paper with vellum over the bottom. I embossed the small flowers bordering the sides and the corners with some embossing powders I found INSANELY CHEAP (30 powders for 11$) on Ebay. I love the little ribbon, because I'm not used to using sheer ribbons on anything. It looks so adorable to me (except I'm a little embarrassed of the placement of the letters...).

My mom loved the card. She said it was amazing and adorable, and even asked me to make a get well card for one of her friends from her horse-group. I love the colors. This is probably my first PRIMARILY gray (grey...gray? I hate that...) card, so I think I'm more proud of stepping out of my "color comfort zone". This is also my FIRST TIME using vellum on a card... and my first time using plain vellum! 
The best part about this card was that I used a cheap paper pack I found on sale at Ross. When I bought this paper, I remember thinking to myself, "Hmm... this paper is nothing like my tastes...". Yet I still bought it, and now I'm satisfied with it.

Still, my favorite part of the card is definitely the pink embossed flowers on the vellum! The bow is pretty adorable too!






 


Favorites Discovered:
  • Embossing on Vellum
  • Sheer Ribbon
  • Gray (grey?) Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment