Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Triple Crown!

After compiling a CD of my mom riding her horse for mother's day (and quickly creating a CD case with horse silhouettes on it), my mom asked me if I could make a card for her dad with horses for Father's Day...
My Grandfather is a HUGE fan of horse racing, and he and my mom watch the Kentucky Derby together every year. So my mom wanted to make sure the sentiment on the card had something to do with the races. Again, I utilized this weeks sketch of MojoMonday...


The horses were cut with SCAL (of course), as were all other shapes (I really ♥ it!!). The sentiment was actually printed on the cardstock using a free font I downloaded from a website, and then traced over with my Copics. I forgot to photograph it, but I also created a little circle inside the card for cash/gift cards!          Under the layer of patterned paper, I finally got to use my Tim Holtz distressing powders.. I like the effect it gave the paper, but it was also gritty and a little messy. I finally learned how to take a decent pic of my cards, after blog-hopping this morning (I wish I could remember the link...), so I'm super proud of my picture quality!! ♥

Favorites Discovered:
  • Photographing 
  • Printed Sentiments
  • Distressing Powders 

No comments:

Post a Comment