Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Procrastination...

All day, I searched for the missing "Get Well" card I started last weekend, and unfortunately, it's mysteriously disappeared!! So, in an extreme act of procrastination, as I spent 90% of my Memorial Holiday sitting in my craft room, watching Lost and fawning over the new MojoMonday sketch, I decided to try it out...

I had fun making this card, as it was my first circle card ever! I have to give credit where credit is due, so I must say that I am still IN LOVE with my SCAL 2, and so glad I bought it before they took it off the market. All shapes (excluding the cupcake) were cut using this godsend of a program, and the cupcake was colored by hand with my new Copic Sketch Markers!
 
Mojo193
I have to admit that I know I could've done better with this card, but I'm just so glad I finally got back to working on cards! To give my own criticism (as I always do), I think the color scheme is a little off. I would have rather not had such a light background... which is why I decided to lightly brush the edges with my stamp pads... I ended up liking it though, because it reminded me of chocolate smeared on the edges... MMMmmm... Chocolate... I also think I went a little too crazy with the ribbon, but I love BOWS!
I love my cupcake embossing folder from the Cricut Companions "Once Upon a Princess" line.


I actually inked the embossing folder before running the circle through the Cuttlebug! I love the definition it gave the paper...I think my biggest accomplishment (as far as growth on my part), was the pink sentiment. The paper was, of course, cut out using SCAL 2 (♥!), and originally white!! I actually used my light pink, cheap, studio g  (chalks) inkpad (from the $1 section at Michael's...), and inked the entire paper. Then, I stamped the sentiment, drew over it with my E49 copic sketch marker (♥!), and then gave the edges a distressed look by running the edges with my dark brown Memento Dew Drop pad. *I also drew a dark pink shadow around some of the edges with stickles, and then smeared it off with my finger...☺ Although I can still see the imperfections, I'm so proud of myself and my progression!!


Favorites Discovered:
  • Chalks pigment ink
  • Circular Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment